Monday, November 12, 2007

my mentor and the best engineer in the world

I have to mention on here the only reason I'm working for busta rhymes right now. Mr. Robert "LB" Dorsey.  LB took me under his wing early on at Quad Studios in nyc after I helped him fix his mac. He showed me the ropes and taught me the right way to rock an SSL 9000 J. He has been in the recording scene longer than anyone I know, coming up engineering for The Roots and going all the way to the top as engineer for Beyonce. This man gives me both inspiration to keep going and a ton of headaches. Tough love has done me right though. He definitely prepared me for what I'm doing now and probably what I'll be doing for the rest of my career, so thanks son!!!





there's now a link to his myspace page over on the right. go there and thank him, because he probably worked on whatever you're listening to right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

now that was cool, ur the fucking man

chrisrenne said...

lb = mr. miyagi