Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hearing...

Is a wonderful thing. And they say that you really can't appreciate
something until its gone. So let me just emphasize how much I love my
hearing.

My ears have been all stuffed up for 3 or 4 days now. This has to be
the most infuriating thing ever. My head feels like its going to
explode. I feel like an elderly woman whose hearing aids just aren't
strong enough. I probably look insane constantly feigning yawns and
holding my nose shut while forcing air out of it and tugging at my ear
lobes in a vain attempt to regain the most important of my five
senses. Of course this never works. And driving through massive
elevation changes the whole time and sitting close enough to the bus
engine that it keeps me warm doesnt help. I can't hear a friggin thing.

Until boom. Suddenly my ears pop and all is right with the world
again. Hearing is great. Head colds are not.